Daily Worship - Sunday, 2/4/2024
The sermon for Sunday, February 4 will be on John 1:19-28. It is the fullest introduction to the ministry of John the Baptist (though he is not called the Baptist in the gospel of John). His calling was “to make straight the way of the Lord.” In these verses, we will see some amazing things about Jesus!
Take some time to commune with the Lord in prayer using parts of The Lord's Prayer as a model.
"YOUR KINGDOM COME, YOUR WILL BE DONE, ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN." - Ask God to accomplish his purposes in the world and advance the gospel. Pray for the church, missionaires, pastors, and for God to use you.
QUESTIONS FOR FAITH GROUPS
- What is the significance of John aligning himself with the prophecy in Isaiah 40:3.
- How does this passage support the deity of Jesus Christ?
- How did John distinguish his baptism from the ministry of Jesus?
- How is it that Jesus comes both after and before John the Baptist?
- Why does John the Baptist say, and John the Evangelist record, the fact that they “do not know” Christ?